TORCH Consultancy values excellence in search from entry to executive level, training, as well as consultancy for firms. Each our partners have minimum 20 years of experience in their sectors. We use our expertise in understanding our clients’ needs and helping them find talented leaders to lead their organizations. We specialize in identifying and sourcing talented executives primarily for marketing, sales, finance, risk, IT, audit, accounting, management verticals.
• Human Resources
POSITION: REGIONAL MARKETING MANAGER
Organization, Purpose of job & Responsibilities
Firm is a global company with headquarters at Europe. We have sales companies in 45 countries and with an additional strong distributor network. Firm markets and sells its products in more than 100 countries worldwide. Main product lines are professional scrubber dryers, sweepers, vacuum cleaners, and high pressure washers.
The “Accelerating Growth” strategy describes how firm towards 2018 will grow the company to lead the industry with focused and innovative solutions. Firm will accelerate growth by focusing efforts on the right opportunities in the market, by investing in growing business and by making offerings clear to customers. One of the strategic initiatives is “Building Strong Brands”.
Firm is facing a large marketing transformation and is therefore establishing a new marketing organization. The role as Marketing Manager for ESEE/RU is newly established and will have local marketing employees on different locations in the region as direct reports. The ESEE/RU marketing hub consists of Italy, Greece, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Turkey and Russia. The position reports to the VP of EMEA & APAC Field Marketing with a dotted line to regional sales management.
While Group Marketing functions are responsible for the firm´s overall marketing strategy, brands, overall campaigns, insights and online, the Marketing Manager for ESEE/RU will be responsible for field marketing in this region covering 9 countries. This entails managing a marketing budget, development and execution of regional and local marketing plans and campaigns.
Firm is also facing a large transformation from print to online / digital in its marketing communication. The position plays a vital role for supporting sales activities and driving revenue. A major part of the role is to build the right team to achieve this. The current team is very dedicated and diverse in terms of culture, competencies and experience in particular with operational focus on supporting sales.
Key focus area will be to develop the marketing team into a function that excels in marketing activation and demonstrate that marketing can have a direct effect on sales (Return On Marketing Investment, ROMI) and to transform field marketing from off-line to on-line / digital focus. Further, focus is on securing best in class marketing planning and that Marketing becomes a partner for Sales through developing the organization into becoming more efficient and even better qualified.
Examples of relevant KPI areas will be: Demonstrate sales impact, increase lead generation, implement structured ROMI measurement on activities, secure a successful transition of marketing organization and enhance digital marketing. While achieving this it is important with a high team engagement and a positive feedback from the Sales organization. Key responsibility areas for the position are described below:
Education Experience & Professional Competencies
The ideal candidate holds a Master’s degree within business administration or marketing (e.g. Cand.merc. or MBA).
The Marketing Manager for ESEE/RU possesses the following experience and qualifications:
• At least 5-10 years of successful progressive marketing management experience
• International marketing experience and in particular strengths within B2B marketing
• Some people management experience and an ability to lead remote and diverse teams
• Experience with marketing transformation / change management – in relation to commercial impact, planning and online marketing
• Proven track record within marketing impact on sales (ROMI and lead generation)
• Marketing execution skills within activity-, budget- and media planning, lead generation etc.
• Experienced within the field of digital marketing
• A keen fact based and analytical approach to marketing ensuring, optimized planning and execution of marketing activities
• Microsoft Office, in particular Excel skills on an advanced level
• Fluency in oral and written English. Advantage with other relevant language skills to bridge the regional countries
Personal competencies: Personal characteristics and competencies are extremely important for this position. Some of the most important are:
• Leadership skills with natural authority and empathy and at the same time developing, inspiring and motivating people
• Being visible – also from the distance – in a positive way
• Strong analytical abilities, business acumen and commercial focus
• A structured and reliable personality supporting you in planning, executing and prioritizing activities
• Strong interpersonal- and communication skills resting in an outgoing personality enabling you to build a well-functioning international team
• A high level of energy and result oriented mindset thriving in an international environment
• A robust, resilient personality staying calm while working with multiple projects and deadlines
• Marketing budget responsibility for ESEE/RU
• Document marketing impact on sales performance through implementing ROMI and close sparring with Sales organization
• Secure effective marketing execution, through stepping-up marketing activity planning, media planning and -buying, lead generation and best practice sharing
• Lead and implement marketing efficiency-, -automation and -optimization initiatives
• Transform large percentage of marketing execution from print to digital
• Responsible for lead generation, -maturation and -hand-over process
• Create a well-functioning highly effective ESEE/RU Marketing team, which includes specialists and implementation of an entirely new way of working compared to today
• Lead, inspire and coach the teams in their way to reach objectives and in the journey of transitioning field marketing in the region
• Liaise with Global Marketing organization, Sales Organization and other hub marketing heads within EMEA
Main activities executed by the Field Marketing team across the 9 markets include:
• Segment and product marketing, including product launch materials
• Sales/dealer support and promotional materials
• Lead generation across different channels
• Update and maintain local website & eBiz solution
• Local Marketing automation programs and landing pages
• NPS specific activities
• PR support
Travel activity in the job is estimated to 40-50 days a year.
The Marketing Manager for ESEE/RU will have management exposure and plays a crucial role in making the marketing transformation ahead successful. Firm has a clear growth strategy and this position will clearly support this from a marketing perspective in the ESEE/RU region.
The position gives a unique opportunity to build up a new marketing function, define roles and set the team. You will play a key role in transforming the Marketing function and take it to its next level in a truly international context. The rewards and benefits package will match the requirements of the position.